How to connect HP Deskjet 2600 to Wi-Fi – Easy steps
Congratulations on your new HP Deskjet printer. It is a great choice!
Before you can enjoy the wonders of your printer, you should set it up. And, one of the most important steps is to connect it wirelessly. Connecting an HP Deskjet 2600 to Wi-Fi is not an arduous task at all. You just need to follow a few simple steps that we will elaborate on, in this article.
How to connect HP Deskjet 2600 to Wi-Fi
All you have to do is to follow the steps we mentioned below and set your printer up immediately!
- Get the printer out of the box and into the place you want it to stay.
- Remove all the tapes on the printer. You will see quite a few!
- If there are empty cartridges, replace them. You can alternatively refill them as well.
- Open the input tray and add a few papers to it.
- Now, you should prepare for installation. First, turn the printer and computer on. The printer should be able to print manually before you start the wireless setup.
- It would be ideal if your printer is near the router.
- You will now need to download a software program. To do this, follow the below:
- Disconnect the USB cable from your printer.
- Open the manufacturer’s website.
- Find HP Easy Start and download it.
- You may be required to select your printer. Go ahead and do it. If you are unable to see your printer, click on My Printer.
- Click on Continue and then choose Wireless Network.
- You will see various guidelines. Follow them precisely.
Turning on the Wi-Fi option
In case you are unable to connect, you will have to turn on the Wi-Fi option by choosing Wi-Fi Direct in the Control Panel. Here, you will find Settings. Open the tab and switch on Wi-Fi Direct. You should switch this on, on both the devices (computer and printer)
With the HP Deskjet 2600, you can connect up to 5 devices.
To begin printing, select the printer’s name from the available networks and enter the password. The computer will connect to your printer and you will be able to print via Wi-Fi.
Connecting on Mac
If you have a MacBook or an iMac, you can still follow the same steps for installation and connect using Wi-Fi Direct. Follow the steps below after that:
- Restore default wireless settings of the printer
- Download software from HP’s website
- Choose Set up my HP Product
- Go through the Terms and Conditions, and click Accept
- Click on Continue
Note: If you don’t see the printer’s power button glowing, press it. Now, find the printer on your Mac and connect.
We hope these steps were easy to follow and implement. If you are facing any difficulty, please feel free to talk to us. We are here to help and clear all doubts.