Today, I will show how you can check the printer ink levels in Windows 10 and also how to check ink levels on HP printer.
Printing machines are handy tools for the people, especially business persons. They help to get the instant print of documents, reports, client sheets, and other company databases. And so, printers are one of the essential machines that office workers needed. Not only in offices, but today, many home users take help of high-quality 2D/3D printers for printing family photos, sketches, drawings, and other personal works. So, it is important to regularly check the ink levels on the printer to prevent any inconvenience during the printing work.
Check Ink Levels Windows 10
There are a couple of methods to check the ink levels in Windows 10 systems. We will take a look at them all.
Method-1: Using the Control Panel Settings
Before going to the steps, make sure you have connected the printer to your Windows PC, and also the power is on.
- Press Windows + S key and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box.
- Open the panel when you see the icon.
- Under the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section, click on ‘View devices and printers.’
- You will see a list of connected devices of your network system. In that, go to the printers section.
- Here, you will see the list of printers connected to your PC and other printer settings options.
- In the printer settings, you will find the option to check the ink level of the printer. Go to that section, and you can check how much ink is left along with other printer ink properties.
Method-2: Using the Printer Software
Brands like Canon, Epson, Brother, Kodak, etc. have their own printer software which comes in an included CD with the printer. Also, you can directly download the printer software from the official website.
- First, power on your Printer and Windows 10 PC.
- Now, look for the printer software of the brand, i.e., HP, Epson, Canon, Brother, or any other you are using. You can take help of search option of Windows 10 (Windows + S key)
- Check the model name of the printer and then click on it.
- On the home screen of the printer application, you will see the ink level of the machine.
Note: If the printer software is not showing the ink level, then contact the printer support team and upgrade the printer drivers. Updating the software may help to get the answer.
How to check ink levels on HP printer?
Checking the ink level helps you to determine when you will need to fill the ink or replace the cartridges in the printer. To check the ink level on HP printer, you can follow the same methods mentioned above. Apart from that, you can take help of the HP apps.
To check the ink levels on HP printer:
- Go to the official website of HP and download “HP Print and Scan Doctor” app.
- After the download and installation of the app, run it on your PC.
- The app will diagnose and troubleshoot the problems if there any with the HP printing machine. To check the ink level of HP printer, go to the tools and then open the option for ‘Printer/Supply Levels.’
- You will see the estimated ink level of the printer.
- Check your HP printer ink level and refill it or replace the cartridges if needed.
If you still face problems in checking the ink level or have any other query, you can make a call to the HP customer support number – 1-877-645-7494.
Check your printer ink level now
The ink of the printer is an important and responsible for shading the text and drawings on the printing paper. The modern color printers do come with various color combinations to provide the needed printing quality and layout. When there is a shortage of the ink, the quality of the print is affected, and in the absence of the ink, it is not possible to have any print copy from the machine. So, it is necessary to check the ink level in your printing machine regularly.
If you had not checked the printer ink level yet, then check it now!