To showcase your designing talent, you need a scanner that will bring your artwork to life. However, as a designer or artist, we don’t expect you to know everything in depth about technology and the latest scanners in the market. We are sure, though, that you know you can’t use a regular scanner for your work.
Best Scanner for Artists
|Maximum Scan Area||12.2 inchesx 17.2 inches||11.7 inches x 17 inches|
1. Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo and Document Scanner
Easy to use and with Send to Cloud feature, this scanner from Canon is a popular choice among artists. You can use the auto-scan mode to adjust settings while scanning so that you get the best in your hands.
Let’s take a looks at a few of its features:
- It takes about 10 seconds to give you a letter-sized scan.
- The auto-document fix feature lets you correct one area at a time, resulting in a beautiful scanned document.
- You can lift it to about 1 inch when you want to scan large items such as notebooks.
- It comes with 5 buttons that let you copy, scan, send to cloud, and create PDFs without hassle.
- It provides 4800 x 4800 dpi maximum optical colour resolution.
- You need to be connected to the Internet in order to install the scanner’s software
- It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Vista, XP, and Mac.
- You can scan two photos at a time too. They will be scanned into individual files.
- The speed of the scanner depends on the resolution you need. 4800 dpi could take a few minutes while 300 dpi will take seconds.
2. Epson Perfection V370 Scanner For Artwork
The Epson scanner is considered to be the best colour photo, negative, document, and large format scanner in its price range. The box comes with the scanner itself, transparency unit, film holder, software CD, USB cable, and AC adapter & power cable.
We’ve listed out its essential features here:
- You can easily scan negatives and 35mm slides thanks to its built-in TPU for enlargements.
- You can even scan documents from your mobile phone once you download the Document Capture Pro software.
- The optical resolution it offers is 4800 x 9600
- The Epson scanner also comes with the Scan to Cloud feature, which lets you scan from cloud services directly.
- The scanner comes with the ArcSoft Scan-n-Stitch Deluxe, using which you can scan oversized artwork as well.
- Its wide range of buttons lets you function quickly and easily.
- Its high-rise lid lets you scan 3D objects, albums, and books.
- You can make adjustments to your coloured documents with Easy Photo Fix.
- It can scan hand-drawn artwork to perfection – a feature that many users love.
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac.
3. Epson E11000XL-GA Expression Graphic Artwork Photo Scanner
It may be heavily priced, but the Epson Expression Graphic Arts Photo Scanner is also the best flatbed scanner for artwork and professional swear by it for their designs. It has a Color Epson MatrixCCD line sensor as well.
Here are a some of its essential features:
- It offers 2400 x 4800 dpi along with Micro Step Drive technology.
- It can accommodate the paper size of up to 12.2 x 17.2 inches.
- The scanner does not come with any photo editing software.
- Users say that the colour capture is immaculate, making it one of the best products out there.
- You cannot go wrong with it if you are scanning large arts or images.
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Scan time is quite decent, but it slows down with the increase in the data to be captured.
- The scanner comes out with a SilverFast Scanning Software.
4. Epson DS-50000 Large Format Document Artist Scanner
Epson DS-50000 is a large scanner for artwork that scans books, ledgers, documents, and images of up to 11.7 x 17 inches size. It comes with network scanner capabilities, which means that you can turn it into a group scanner based on your requirement.
We’ve listed out some of its features for you:
- It is a flatbed scanner.
- It offers Scan to Cloud feature, which means you can scan to any of the convenient cloud services.
- You can also scan directly to Word and Excel files.
- It comes with a 4-line CCD sensor to provide sharp text and vivid colours.
- The TWAIN and ISIS drivers make it easy to integrate with any applications.
- The scanner is compatible with Windows and Mac.
- The company offers a 3-year warranty.
5. Brother ImageCenter ADS-2800W Wireless Artwork Scanner
This is among the best scanners for artwork for you if precision and speed are your criteria. It comes with integrated image optimization, multi-page scanning, colour touchscreen, and many such delightful features.
Here’s a list a few more of its features:
- You can expect to scan up to 30 pages in a minute – both colour, and black-and-white.
- The 2-in-1 mode lets you scan more than one page together into a single file.
- It is a wireless scanner, which means you can scan directly without worrying about any wired connections.
- It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac. But remember that if you are using XP, it is compatible only with 32-bit and not 64-bit.
- Maximum paper capacity is 20 papers.
- It can scan documents up to 8.5 x 34 inches.
- You can even scan to email without additional connections!
- The company offers limited 1-year warranty along with free technical, lifetime support.
This list shows you the vast variety of scanners for artists out there. The best one for you will depend on your requirements and the kind of projects in which you engage. Some may be high-end, but as aforementioned, users decided to buy them due to the functionality. Which one would you recommend? We’d love to hear your views.