Best Edible Printer Reviews of 2020 | Top Ink Printers for Cake
If you want to bring out your inner printing creativity, then a good edible printer is the best way to do it. Using the edible printing technology, you can make stunning cake & cupcake toppings and other edible decorations. Using such a printing device, you can personalize the designs without learning the broad art of decorations. The main reasons behind this are the food-grade ink & edible printing papers used in the edible printers.
When you make your mind to buy the best edible printer for decorating cakes and other items, you must consider some essential things just you take them while purchasing an ordinary printer. The connectivity (wired/wireless), maintenance cost, durability, reliability, printing capacity, speed, ink compatibility, and price are the top factors to keep in mind while buying such printing machine.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best edible printers on the market today:
Best Edible Printers
To help you have a filtered list, I have reviewed the most sought ink printers for cake available today. Check them and find your perfect match.
1. Sweet and Magical Edible Birthday Cake Printer
We can vouch for the fact that this edible printer is sweet and magical, just like its name. It is a complete bundle that gives you excellent results for cake decoration. Below, we have enlisted some of the features we absolutely love:
- It is ideal for professional use in bakeries. However, you can use it if you are a home baker or a beginner as well.
- It comes with 6 frosting sheets and a 5-pack cake ink to get you started immediately.
- The printer is known for its superior color performance, giving bright and amazing outputs.
- You can also use the scanner function to scan images from time to time. The printer also allows copying!
- It is very easy to use with straightforward buttons.
- It also has Bluetooth connectivity.
- It is easily affordable, making it an excellent choice.
2. Icinginks Exclusive Cake Edible Printer
Icinginks is one of the most popular edible cake printers today. Their products are reliable, easy to use, and affordable at the same time. However, there are specific reasons why we are recommending this particular printer. They are as follows:
- This cake printer is your one-stop solution for cake decoration. That’s because it comes with multiple ink cartridges, 10 frosting sheets, and 100 wafer paper sheets. Once it gets delivered to you, you can plug it in and start decorating immediately!
- Each cartridge can print almost 50 sheets.
- You can use all kinds of sheets with this printer. From sugar sheets to rice paper, chocolate transfer, frosting sheets, and wafer sheets, it is compatible with them all!
- This is a wireless cake printer. This means that you can set it up with Bluetooth without worrying about cables. Also, the bundle comes with a manual to help you get started.
- The printer promises vibrant colors. The transfers are neat and gorgeous.
- The manufacturers provide a 1-year warranty along with a 30-day refund policy. Thus, you can purchase it and try it without worrying about losing money. Exchange & returns are very easy.
3. Photo Cake Printer Bundle
Here’s another lovely photo cake printer that will sway you. It is a premium printer that allows printing images not just on cakes but also on cookies, muffins, etc. Here’s why you should consider buying it:
- The bundle includes frosting sheets and ink.
- You can connect it with your computer or your mobile phone to print decorations for your lovely cake.
- The size of the sheets is 8×11. So, once you are through with the given frosting sheets, you can purchase more of the same size.
- Along with printing, the device lets you copy and scan as well.
- You can use the printer conveniently without hassle since the functions are very easy to understand. You can also go through the given instruction manual to clear all your doubts.
- You can use half a sheet of sugar paper or any other sheet as well. The printer is flexible in terms of size.
- A few users have reported that the sheets are getting jammed. However, there’s a simple solution to this. When inserting the sheets, make sure they are loose on the sides. This will avoid the error.
4. Icinginks Canon LCD Cake Printer
Here’s another gem from Icinginks! It costs only a few bucks more than our other Icinginks recommendation but does justice by providing a lot of features. Let’s see what they are:
- This cake printer is a complete bundle that has 5 double-tip markers, 34 icing sheets (assorted), 50 wafer sheets, and XL cartridges. The markers are edible and will help you add finishing touches to your decorations with ease.
- The printer comes with an installation CD and a manual. You can simply follow the steps and set it up. It is super easy too because the process is more or less like a regular printer.
- It is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. This means you can connect it to your phone or computer, depending on your preferences.
- It is Wi-Fi enabled.
- You can print large designs with this printer. It allows up to 8.5 x 14-inch prints.
- The printer is compatible with a wide range of sheets, including rice paper, frosting sheets, chocolate transfer sheets, icing sheets, sugar sheets, and wafer sheets.
- The manufacturers advise that you use the printer at least once in 2 weeks, printing out 1 or 2 documents so that the printhead does not start clogging.
- The bundle also comes with templates of different shapes to help you have more fun with your designs.
5. Cake Edible Printer Bundle for Cakes
If you are looking to get started with your baking endeavors without stressing your pockets out, here’s a cake printer for you. It is the perfect gift for all beginners. Let’s find out why:
- It is an all-in-one printer that comes with sheets, cartridges, templates, and a printing manual.
- There are 5 cartridges, each of a different color (2 black, yellow, cyan, and magenta). However, these cartridges are not refillable. They can print 45-50 sheets each. After this, you will have to purchase new ones.
- It has universal compatibility when it comes to sheets, which means that you can use all types of sheets for printing. To start you off, the seller gives 50 wafer sheets. You can buy more of the right size based on your needs.
- It is a wireless printer that you can use through Wi-Fi.
- You also get a power cord and a setup CD in the bundle. You can set it up in 20 minutes or less and start using it without making any additional purchases.
- The impressions feel real. That’s how vibrant the colors are!
- The seller offers lifetime technical support along with a 30-day return policy. The printer has a 1-year warranty as well.
Are you ready to decorate?
What’s more delightful than food? Artistic food that looks simply heavenly. You need to be a professional artist to be able to do this, though!
When it comes to decorating cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts to make them look like little drops of heaven, all you need is the best edible printer you can afford. These printers work like a regular inkjet printer, except that everything is edible. We use edible paper on which the graphic or text is printed. The ink used is also food-grade ink that’s absolutely safe for consumption.
But, won’t the printed edible paper look awkward on the cake? No, because it gets absorbed. The most commonly used papers are frosted papers that easily disappear into the frosting, leaving no trace of your strategy.
Now that you have gone through the top edible printer reviews you are definitely in a better position to buy the best one. Remember to decide based on functionality, availability, and affordability. All the best!