If you want to bring out your inner printing creativity, then a good edible printer is the best way to do it. Using the edible printing technology, you can make stunning cake & cupcake toppings and other edible decorations. Using such a printing device, you can personalize the designs without learning the broad art of decorations. The main reasons behind this are the food-grade ink & edible printing papers used in the edible printers.
When you make your mind to buy the best edible printer for decorating cakes and other items, you must consider some essential things just you take them while purchasing an ordinary printer. The connectivity (wired/wireless), maintenance cost, durability, reliability, printing capacity, speed, ink compatibility, and price are the top factors to keep in mind while buying such printing machine.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best edible printers on the market today:
Best Edible Printers
To help you have a filtered list, I have reviewed the most sought ink printers for cake available today. Check them and find your perfect match.
1) Tasty Imaginations Canon LCD Edible Printer Bundle
Create beautiful and attractive toppings on cakes, cupcakes, and other decorative with the help of this Canon edible printer from Tasty Imaginations. Along with the quality printing device, you will get 6 frosted & 25 wafer edible sheets, two edible ink set of five-color cartridges, and a 2oz refill bottle. You can also choose a bundle with fewer or no sheets, depending on your preferences. However, The bundle does not contain a cleaning kit. You will have to buy it separately.
Features and specs of Canon LCD Printer by Tasty Imaginations are:
- You can connect the printer wirelessly to your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
- It has the capability of printing sheets with maximum dimensions of 8.5-inch by 14-inch.
- The FDA compliant edible inks deliver excellent quality.
- Wireless printing capability allows you to connect your tablet, phone, or any other device.
- You can scan, copy, and print in quick time with just a few easy steps.
- The printer comes with large cartridges that are capable of holding more ink than the previous models.
- Users have reviewed that the colors are good and the printing quality is better than many others that they tried.
2) Canon Edible Printer
Yes, Canon is a pioneer in all kinds of printing, including edible prints! The Canon Edible Printer comes with edible ink and frosting sheets so that you don’t have to worry about purchasing the material separately.
Here’s a list of the printer’s features:
- It comes with an edible cartridge set of 5 cartridges. They are all reusable in that you can refill them once they are empty. You won’t need to buy new cartridges, hence.
- You get 6 frosting papers to get you started with your dessert decorations.
- Users have reported that the printing quality is simply superb.
- It has an automatic shut-off feature.
- The printer comes with a thorough guide of usage and maintenance.
3) Icinginks Edible Printer Bundle
This is the best edible printer on the market today, as reported by numerous users. It is a complete bundle that consists of just about everything you need to get started immediately.
Let’s dig deeper and find out more:
- The bundle contains 50 edible sheets of paper (wafer sheets), a cleaning kit, and reusable cartridges (cyan, black, yellow, and magenta).
- It is compatible with Mac as well as Windows operating systems.
- You can use frosting sheets, wafer sheets, rice paper, sugar sheets, icing sheets, and chocolate transfer sheets in the printer.
- With the cleaning kit, you can unclog the printheads as and when required.
- You can connect it to your system or laptop through WiFi or USB.
- The print quality is on-par with expectations.
- The brand offers a 30-day refund policy along with a 1-year warranty.
4) PC Universal Edible Printer Bundle
This printer bundle has 2 edible inks and 30 wafer and frosting sheets. It also comes with a cloud-based design tool that makes it one of the most desired edible printer bundles out there.
Let’s go through its features:
- It has 2 sets of edible ink cartridges, which means you get a total of 10 cartridges.
- The frosting and wafer sheets are available in different sizes for you to choose according to the requirement.
- You can use the cloud-based design tool for free for a year to design, save, and print any designs.
- One thing you must not here is that the cartridges are not reusable. You will need to buy new ones after you exhaust these.
5) Icinginks Edible Printer Art Package
Another good option from Icinginks, this package comes with an edible printer, wafer sheets, icing sheets, markers, and refillable cartridges.
Here are more details about this product:
- It comes with 6 edible markers, making decorations and prints more fun than before. Not many bundles include these markers.
- You get a total of 55 sheets – 5 icing sheets and 50 wafer sheets. You can also use sugar sheets, frosting sheets, chocolate transfer sheets, and rice paper for printing.
- The brand has included a CD to help you understand the setup and usage process.
- The cartridges are XL and pre-filled. You can have them filled again after you run out of ink.
- The printer also has the ability to scan and copy.
Are you ready to decorate?
What’s more delightful than food? Artistic food that looks simply heavenly. You need to be a professional artist to be able to do this, though!
When it comes to decorating cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts to make them look like little drops of heaven, all you need is the best edible printer you can afford. These printers work like a regular inkjet printer, except that everything is edible. We use edible paper on which the graphic or text is printed. The ink used is also food-grade ink that’s absolutely safe for consumption.
But, won’t the printed edible paper look awkward on the cake? No, because it gets absorbed. The most commonly used papers are frosted papers that easily disappear into the frosting, leaving no trace of your strategy.
Now that you have gone through the top edible printer reviews you are definitely in a better position to buy the best one. Remember to decide based on functionality, availability, and affordability. All the best!